| Author |
Message |
| < Off-Topic ~ DRUM COMPETITION |
|
Posted:
Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:02 am
|
|
|
Joined: 04 Dec 2007
Posts: 1067
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
|
|
| drummer wrote: | | yeah me too i only use v drums |
High 5 for technology! |
|
|
|
|
 |
|
Posted:
Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:19 pm
|
|
|
Joined: 15 Jan 2008
Posts: 10
|
|
I play the drums too!
I have a Tama Superstar kit 14/22/12/14.
Been playing for six years or so. I play rock and funk.
I an oldskool player. I don't really like the v-drums and such. The pads feel too bouncy and you really don't get to control your sound as much unless you get one of those $5–10,000 dollar electronic kits. Then it's alright since they use real heads and all.
There seem to be a corrolation between those who heel and those who play drums.
Oh well bye. |
_________________ I'm 25 years old...I wear Heelys...
WHY DOES EVERYONE STARE AT ME IN PUBLIC!!!
...Oh well, their loss... |
|
|
|
 |
|
Posted:
Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:36 pm
|
|
|
Team Heelys
Joined: 17 Sep 2007
Posts: 764
Location: Representing Southwest
|
|
| I have skills but my set is only three drums so i can't do anything but i have played a real set i will make a video sometime |
_________________ I GOTZ ME 400,080 GHETTO POINTS
and a sig
I LIKE EMOTES
 |
|
|
|
 |
|
Posted:
Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:20 pm
|
|
|
Joined: 04 Dec 2007
Posts: 1067
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
|
|
| Drummertist wrote: | I play the drums too!
I have a Tama Superstar kit 14/22/12/14.
Been playing for six years or so. I play rock and funk.
I an oldskool player. I don't really like the v-drums and such. The pads feel too bouncy and you really don't get to control your sound as much unless you get one of those $5–10,000 dollar electronic kits. Then it's alright since they use real heads and all.
There seem to be a corrolation between those who heel and those who play drums.
Oh well bye. |
Maybe you guys misinterpreted what I meant by ME playing v-drums... I make electonica loops and compile them into Beats... basically meaning that all my drum and bass is done more or less with a keyboard and mouse, and then my electic keyboard/synthpad... So would that still be cheating? |
|
|
|
|
 |
|
Posted:
Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:57 pm
|
|
|
Joined: 30 Nov 2007
Posts: 28
Location: California
|
|
| IVI4V3R1CK wrote: | | Drummertist wrote: | I play the drums too!
I have a Tama Superstar kit 14/22/12/14.
Been playing for six years or so. I play rock and funk.
I an oldskool player. I don't really like the v-drums and such. The pads feel too bouncy and you really don't get to control your sound as much unless you get one of those $5–10,000 dollar electronic kits. Then it's alright since they use real heads and all.
There seem to be a corrolation between those who heel and those who play drums.
Oh well bye. |
Maybe you guys misinterpreted what I meant by ME playing v-drums... I make electonica loops and compile them into Beats... basically meaning that all my drum and bass is done more or less with a keyboard and mouse, and then my electic keyboard/synthpad... So would that still be cheating? |
I understand fully, i've been messing with fruity loops, Garage Band, and Reason abit...and if you're doing that...i get to edit my vid...many times over... |
_________________ Saying Java is good bcause it works on all OS, is like saying Anal sexs is good because it works on all genders
______________________________
Kain: @HT what was with the "..." after "Kain"?
HeelysBabe: @IBF..what do you mean whore? LOL
HeelyTrickster: @kain, that would be 3 periods.
seth1230™: im a whore!
HeelyTrickster: Got Bawls?
AJ: lol hmmm if my dog was dead i would be a necrofeeliac
AJ: you have no right to siggy anything i just said
HeelysBabe: Im selling my body
EmmaHeelz: its really hard
EmmaHeelz: i touched it a few times, its icky |
|
|
|
 |
|
Posted:
Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:05 pm
|
|
|
Team Heelys Midwest / HT Vid Champion
Joined: 01 Feb 2007
Posts: 586
Location: STL
|
|
| if you making half the stuff on your comp..it wont be like what the rest of us are doing..so i guess its probably better not to do that for this comp |
_________________
[Wed 18:00] Skate or Diez: can anybody tell me how to pump
[Wed 18:01] WIYH®: pump wat
[Wed 19:35] jmar8542: i want to challenge you
[Wed 19:36] XxHeelyZxX: lol jmar drum will pwn ur ass xD
[Tue 14:30] toby: im drummers brother
|
|
|
|
 |
|
Posted:
Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:26 pm
|
|
|
Joined: 24 Nov 2007
Posts: 217
Location: Canada
|
|
| IVI4V3R1CK wrote: |
Maybe you guys misinterpreted what I meant by ME playing v-drums... I make electonica loops and compile them into Beats... basically meaning that all my drum and bass is done more or less with a keyboard and mouse, and then my electic keyboard/synthpad... So would that still be cheating? |
Cool i do some of that stuff too |
_________________
[Fri 15:52] IBF: i had dream that i was with my parents at HCG and you were the only one there because everyone was coming and then i pointed you out to my parents and they thought you were a pedophile
[Fri 15:53] IBF: but then i was like "no thats slicer the beholder of ultimate banning power"
[Sat 17:18] Slicer: does IBF create awkward silences by his mere presence?
[Fri 21:55] Homicidal Potato: ahh the place to myself...wheres the lotion? |
|
|
|
 |
|
Posted:
Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:36 am
|
|
|
Shark Bait
Joined: 30 Jun 2007
Posts: 1380
Location: Hmm, idk.
|
|
| IVI4V3R1CK wrote: | | Drummertist wrote: | I play the drums too!
I have a Tama Superstar kit 14/22/12/14.
Been playing for six years or so. I play rock and funk.
I an oldskool player. I don't really like the v-drums and such. The pads feel too bouncy and you really don't get to control your sound as much unless you get one of those $5–10,000 dollar electronic kits. Then it's alright since they use real heads and all.
There seem to be a corrolation between those who heel and those who play drums.
Oh well bye. |
Maybe you guys misinterpreted what I meant by ME playing v-drums... I make electonica loops and compile them into Beats... basically meaning that all my drum and bass is done more or less with a keyboard and mouse, and then my electic keyboard/synthpad... So would that still be cheating? |
Yeah, im talking about Drum set, sorry dude, and I don't even want "electronic" drum sets, but eh, as long as no one does any wierd noises hahaha.. |
_________________
260,300 Ghetto Points.
Heelytrickster: Slicer...what state are you in ?
Slicer: Annoyance, with a daily commute through Confusion to Denial
XxHeelyZxX: i think he meant where u live not mind of state xD
______________________________________
heelysutah: hey ppl what is the hardest trick to you
Heely Hailey: bloodstain grind on an 89ft halfpipe, and then drop back in bloodstain
heelysutah: geez hailey |
|
|
|
 |
|
Posted:
Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:08 pm
|
|
|
Joined: 30 Nov 2007
Posts: 28
Location: California
|
|
| are we all suppose to cover the same song, or come up with our own original, or just do whatever? |
_________________ Saying Java is good bcause it works on all OS, is like saying Anal sexs is good because it works on all genders
______________________________
Kain: @HT what was with the "..." after "Kain"?
HeelysBabe: @IBF..what do you mean whore? LOL
HeelyTrickster: @kain, that would be 3 periods.
seth1230™: im a whore!
HeelyTrickster: Got Bawls?
AJ: lol hmmm if my dog was dead i would be a necrofeeliac
AJ: you have no right to siggy anything i just said
HeelysBabe: Im selling my body
EmmaHeelz: its really hard
EmmaHeelz: i touched it a few times, its icky |
|
|
|
 |
|
Posted:
Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:43 pm
|
|
|
Joined: 24 Nov 2007
Posts: 217
Location: Canada
|
|
| HeelyTrickster wrote: |
Yeah, im talking about Drum set, sorry dude, and I don't even want "electronic" drum sets, but eh, as long as no one does any wierd noises hahaha.. |
PREEEYOOWWWWWFTANGMELANG there i did a weird noise i'm still on painkillers btw |
_________________
[Fri 15:52] IBF: i had dream that i was with my parents at HCG and you were the only one there because everyone was coming and then i pointed you out to my parents and they thought you were a pedophile
[Fri 15:53] IBF: but then i was like "no thats slicer the beholder of ultimate banning power"
[Sat 17:18] Slicer: does IBF create awkward silences by his mere presence?
[Fri 21:55] Homicidal Potato: ahh the place to myself...wheres the lotion? |
|
|
|
 |
|
Posted:
Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:06 pm
|
|
|
Shark Bait
Joined: 30 Jun 2007
Posts: 1380
Location: Hmm, idk.
|
|
Uhm, lets get some stuff done here,
First of all time limit = 5 minutes, of drumming, what ever you want in there, whether its a song or you showing off your best stuff. Videos will be due announced soon. - HT. |
_________________
260,300 Ghetto Points.
Heelytrickster: Slicer...what state are you in ?
Slicer: Annoyance, with a daily commute through Confusion to Denial
XxHeelyZxX: i think he meant where u live not mind of state xD
______________________________________
heelysutah: hey ppl what is the hardest trick to you
Heely Hailey: bloodstain grind on an 89ft halfpipe, and then drop back in bloodstain
heelysutah: geez hailey |
|
|
|
 |
|
Posted:
Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:20 pm
|
|
|
Joined: 09 Jan 2008
Posts: 191
Location: Texas
|
|
oooh I wanna be a judge!!  |
_________________ ~Stephanie
I has 5,000 Ghetto Points *yessss*
 |
|
|
|
 |
|